130 Industrial Park Road
PO Box 230
Columbiana, AL 35051-9359
Phone: (205) 669-5700
Fax: (205) 669-5753
As the world's largest ferrous foam producer, Grede's Columbiana facility specializes in medium and high-volume gray and ductile iron lost foam castings. The facility was founded by Simsco in 1961, acquired by Citation Corporation in 1984, and included in the combination of Citation Corporation and Grede Foundries in 2010. Grede Columbiana is able to produce unique technological solutions to part combinations that near net shape requirements. Contact Grede's sales team to learn how we can serve you.
- 2012 Industrial Contribution Award from Division 11 of AFS
- 2011 Liberty Mutual Safety Excellence Award
- 2011 Achievement Award from Ductile Iron Society
- 2011 Best in Class AFS Casting Competition
- 2009 and 2010 Honorable Mention AFS Casting Competition
Competencies and Capabilities
- Capacity: 25,000 tons/year
- Square footage: 100,000 sq. ft.
- Weight Range: 4 to 800 lbs.
- Production Volumes: Low to High
- Material: Ductile Iron, Gray Iron, High Silicon Molybdenum
- Differential Carriers
- Electric Motor Parts
- Tow Hooks
- Transmission Components
- Engine Components
To see quality and environmental certifications for all of Grede's divisions, visit our quality certifications page.
If you are interested in working at Grede, visit our opportunities page.